I have noticed that since school has started, I haven't had much to update on! I haven't done any canning, or bought anything for our food supply. (I know, I've been bad.) However, I am passing nursing school!! Yay! I have taken two tests and passed them both, next week I have two tests, one on Wednesday and one on Thursday. Eek! Kinda nervous for that, but it will all work out! Okay, so lets do a recap over things that have happened over the last month.
1) School started for both Chris and I. Even though I am taking less classes than Chris, I have like twice as much homework and I have already had 2 tests and he has had NONE!! (dang nursing school anyway, they think we need to be smart and be tested all the time.) I was even so tired on the first day of school that we didn't even take first day of school pictures!!! Bad me. Next semester we will get those taken care of!
2) We went to go and register for our wedding. All I have to say about that is...WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!! My friend Kim said that even though it was a waste of time, it was still a fun date night for her and her husband, Chris and I will never never ever ever ever ever register for anything ever again in our entire lives!! (Yes, it was THAT awful!) First of all, we went to Wal Mart to register, and of course, everyone in this town that works at Wal Mart doesn't know how to read or talk or any of that good stuff, so we went to go have the lady help us at the jewelry checkout and we told her what we were doing. All she said to us was, "Oh, I don't know how to do that. I have to call a manager to tell me how." So she called the manager and the manager lady was like, "Well I don't know how to do that either." Not nicely, and in a very snotty tone. So Chris and I were like, Ok, whatever we will leave and we aren't going to register at your store. Well, we forgot our paper that printed out from the machine, went back to pick it up, and I saw the number for the main store manager, so since I was pretty ticked off anyway, I called the number to tell them I was very UNSATISFIED with the store and the workers there. When I called and asked for the manager, she wasn't available and the person I was talking to wouldn't tell me her name, well unless her name was "A WalMart associate", which I don't think it was. Anyway, we decided to wait for someone to come and help us. 20 minutes later, nobody had showed up. The lady in the jewelry checkout said, "I'm sorry, I'm from the shoes department and they needed some help here so I don't know what I'm doing." (Just as a note, don't tell that to someone who is already ticked off and smoke is coming out of the ears!!!) I finally asked Chris for the printout, read the SECOND sentance where the instructors were, and he went up to the lady, said, "Look, this is what the paper says, all we need is the scanner thing." And she gave it to us and we went to register. However, we were both so mad that we didn't register for half of the stuff that we needed and we are too mad to go back and register for anything!! So, pretty much, just send whatever the heck gift you want. If his mom didn't work at Wal Mart in receiving (she's not one of the dumb people that don't know what their doing) then we probably wouldn't shop there anyway. Phew, that was a long story, and a very bad day! We should've just registered at Home Depot.
3) I got my wedding invitations mailed! yahoo!! I don't have to worry about that anymore except for the few people who are barely giving me their addresses. But thats ok. I have tons of leftover invitations! So if someone reads this and wants one, please give me your address. I will send one to you!
4) Chris finished his training as a backup supervisor for work. It was a 6 week course and he had like 6 hours of training each week. I'm glad that he did the program, but I'm soo glad that he is done. Hopefully now he can find a full time opening at home depot and then we won't have to worry about him not working very many hours and we can be able to pay our bills! That's a good thing right?
5) Bridal shower is going to happen on September 25 from 1 until 3 in the afternoon. It's going to be a fun time! So you should come!!
That's all that I can think of for now. Life is busy and always changing! I think tomorrow I'm actually going to do some food storage stuff. We are going to can some apple pie filling! So stay tuned for that! It should be pretty good, unless it ends up not happening because we are busy with other stuff!