Andie's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, June 4, 2009

MRI and Results

Okay. I had my MRI done on Friday of last week and then I left Saturday morning for Girls Camp so I didn't get my results until Thursday. Let's start with the MRI though. I called the doctors office last Thursday afternoon to schedule the MRI and they called me Friday at about 2 and told me the earliest opening that they had was at 4:45 that evening to go get my MRI done. So I said that I could come in at that time and I went in and it was a ton better then the CT scan but I still didn't like it. I felt too claustrophobic and I was in there for 10 minutes or so, maybe more I don't really know. I left the hospital at 5:30. It took them two pokes this time to find a vein good enough to start the IV and I couldn't even tell when they injected the contrast material. I would suggest an MRI over a CT scan anyday haha! So anyway I went to camp, which was an interesting experience in itself, I can write that later when I have the pictures. I called the doctor when I got home and he called me back and said that the MRI just showed that I have some extra blood vessels on my liver, the disease is called hemangioma, and I need to go in and have an ultrasound done in a year just to make sure that it isn't getting any worse or bleeding out or anything. So I guess I'm going to live! There is my scary health story from the past two weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I told you not to worry about it.. and everything will be fine... but someone didnt believe me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. andie pandie! how glad i am that you are not going to die!!!! i would have mourned for years and years and years... also, are you just going to take that medication for a year until the ultra sound? i am so confused.haha-what a shocker.

    ReplyDelete