Andie's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Upliftings

These past two weekends have been full of things that I needed. First was General Conference.I learned a ton and it was what I needed. We also did a ton of family things, like making jam and cinnamon rolls. It was a good weekend. My favorite talk was the talk given by Jeffrey R. Holland about the Book of Mormon and his testimony that he bore. It was such an inspiration to me and made me want to gain a testimony as strong as his is. Another one that I loved was President Monson's talk about service. I just love President Monson and his talks. He is a great man.

This last weekend I was able to go to Time Out For Women with Chris's mom and sister and his sister's in laws. It was so much fun and I'm glad I got to go. We went to the Friday and Saturday sessions and they were both so inspirational. There was a couple that talked on Friday night about humor and they were hilarious! I just loved their talk. John Bytheway also spoke and he is just as great live as he is on his CD's. On Saturday there were 4 women that spoke. My favorite two were Emily Freeman and Kris Belcher. Emily Freeman talked about the true meaning of Abundance. She got most of her talk from the parable of the loaves and fishes from the bible. Her talk was so inspirational and I just love her! My absolute favorite talk of both days was Kris Belcher though. When she was 7 months old she was diagnosed with tumors on her retinas and she had to be treated with radiation in order for them all to go away. It left her head shaped like an hourglass and she only had a little bit of vision in her right eye. She told us about how she started noticing her vision in her right eye growing dimmer and she knew that her cancer was coming back. She went and had some tests done and those tests showed that she had a large tumor on her right optic nerve. She had two choices, to either have the surgery and go blind, or to not have the surgery, be blind, and die. She decided to have the surgery and after 5 months and 5 intense surgeries, her cancer was gone and so was her sight. She told us the three things that helped her endure that trial. They are 1) Grace. 2) Peace. and 3) Humor. And she had a great sense of humor! She told us so many jokes about her life after having no sight and it made me realize that my problems are so small compared to what she has to live through everyday of her life. She was a great speaker and I hope I can go back next year. I'm glad that I was able to go with Kristi and Anna.

This last weekend we also attended Chris's brother's (Jared) wedding. It was great! Deandra looked great and her dress was beautiful! There was the ceremony and the reception following. I had so much fun with Anna and Tracy. We decorated (well Tracy and Jacob did, Anna and I were just the witnesses) the car and it was great! Tracy went and got bacon and wrote "makin' bacon' on their car haha! Jared wasn't very happy because he just got his car washed and detailed earlier that day, but he was a good sport about it. I had a good time playing with the little kids.

Chris's neice Cheyenne with her flower from the bouquet.

All in all it was a great two weekends. I had a blast and I got the spiritual uplifting that I have been needing.

PS 7 weeks til Chris comes home!

No comments:

Post a Comment