Andie's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Anberlin Concert

So this past weekend, my roommate Jessica and I, and my cousin Jeremy and his girlfriend Bri, and our friend Jordan and his sister Krista went to a concert in Tempe. Anberlin was playing and so were six other bands. The other bands were Authority Zero, Augar Rush, Pepper, Slightly Stoopid, Fall Out Boy, and Blink 182. I was only there to see Anberlin but we stayed and watched all the other bands also. Anyway, Jessica and I got there before everybody else did so we watched Augar Rush and then Jeremy called and told us he was there so we went and found him and found Jordan and Krista also. So then we all went and finished watching Augar Rush and when they were all finished the crowd turned away and we got pretty close to the front. Jeremy and Bri got closer than all the rest of us (lucky them! you will find out why...) Once Anberlin started playing some stupid drunk black man...and I'm not racist, he was just black, started a mosh pit right next to me. I was so mad! He ran into me and about pushed me over and if Jordan hadn't been standing next to me I would have fallen right on my face. So he ran into me again and Jordan and Jessica pulled me back in between them. Then a whole bunch of people were pushing and shoving and I was getting pushed around and I finally gave Jeremy's water bottle (cause he thinks I'm his mom I guess) to Jordan and started pushing back. Then some nice guy I don't know stood in front of my and pushed them out of the way. The good thing about that was I got pushed back far enough so I could see the band! And there were no tall people in front of me so that was good! Once Anberlin was done, we were all so thirsty so we went and bought some water and then we were just chilling and half of our group listened to a local band while Jessica and I went to go and stand in line to meet Anberlin and take a picture with them. Once we got up there, they were signing a lot of things so some were looking down when we took the picture, but that was okay. I got to talk to them! It was great!!! I was so happy! After we met them we went back to listen to the band that was playing. It was Slightly Stoopid and by this time everyone was high and drunk and I didn't like this band. We were about halfway to the stage and there were so many people standing next to me and I was so claustrophobic so I left by myself to go to the outside of the crowd and I went to buy my brother a Fall Out Boy T-shirt. After I bought the shirt Fall Out Boy was playing so I went to record the music for him and I felt someone tap me on the shoulder and I thought it was going to be some weird drunk guy asking for someplace, but it was Jordan. He made his way out of the crowd and then a few minutes later Jessica texted me and told me she was making her way out of the crowd because she got trampled and almost died and then we went to find Krista and our group was back together. A little while later we found Jeremy and Bri also so we just chilled and talked for a little while. Then Blink 182 came on and since they are Chris's favorite band I thought I would stay and listen to them so they played their first song and after they (well all the bands did except for Anberlin) started saying the F word and some other things I didn't wish to stay and listen to so Jessica and I decided to leave. We listened to about 4 of their songs while we were walking back to my car. Other than being really tired and almost dying!! we had a great time! We got to see our favorite band and it was GREAT!!! I was sooo happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment