Andie's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Monster Trucks and Moving

This last weekend Chris and I went to Mesa to help his brother and sister-in-law move to a new apartment. We left when we got out of school about 4 o'clock and we got to his brother's house at about 6:30 which was when they were starting to load everything into the U-haul truck. We got to work and had all of the furniture and a ton of boxes loaded as full as we could get it by like 7:30- 8 or so. After we loaded everything up, all of us were so hungry so we loaded up into the car and went to go and find some food. We wanted Mexican food and some donuts. We went to Dunkin' Doughnuts and they were closed. So then we went to Fry's and they had no doughnuts at all in their bakery, so we went to Wal-Mart and they had none either. Then we decided we were super hungry (it was like 9:30 by this time) so we went to Filiberto's to get some dinner and decided to try Krispy Kreme and see if they were still open. We got the directions and got there right at 10:00 and they were closed!!!! They didn't even answer the drive thru!! We were pretty upset about that so instead of getting doughnuts, we went and got some frozen custard at Freddy's or something like that. And that was super super good! By the time we got back to the apartment, we were so tired that we sat on the floor, ate our dinner, and then went straight to bed! The next morning Chris's brother had to take a test for his teaching job and he was going to be testing all day long so the three of us (Me, Chris, and his sister-in-law) had to unload the U-Haul without any of the elder's quorum help. (they were going to come at 5 pm and we had to have the U-Haul back by 6 so we had to do the bulk of the work.) We carried boxes and heavy stuff for all day long. The night before, Chris's sister texted Chris and asked him if we wanted to go to the Monster Truck Rally for Saturday night at the Chase field and we wanted to but we didn't know if we would be done in time or not. We got done in time and told his sister to get the tickets for us and we were going. As soon as we got everything unloaded we drove over to the old apartment and showered real quick because we were all sweaty and nasty and hurried over to Chase field. We were all exhausted but looking forward to doing something that wasn't unloading boxes!! This was my first time being to a Monster Truck anything so I didn't know what to expect, but when we got into the stadium, they had the trucks all on the big screens and I was immediately in love with this idea of Monster Trucks!! Chris didn't think that I was going to like it, and I surprised myself with how much I did like it! It was so much fun! I was so so so mad though because we left in a hurry after school and I left my camera in my backpack so we didn't have a good camera, only our camera phones (which just aren't as good as a good camera) but we took some pictures and some videos and had a blast! When Monster Trucks got over we drove back to his brother's old apartment, and had to drive clear to the other side of Phoenix to stay at his sister's house because that is where his dad was staying and we needed to give him a ride home on Sunday. When we got to Chris's sisters house, it was almost one in the morning and we were both exhausted because we had to drive an hour back to his brother's house and then an hour to his sisters house so it was really late. We got there and they were all watching a movie and so I went and got ready for bed because I was way too exhausted to do anything and I watched the movie for about five minutes before I decided I was too tired to watch it and I grabbed my pillow and layed down on the floor and fell asleep. I was almost asleep when Chris woke me up and asked if I wanted to go sleep on the couch but his sister and brother-in-law and dad were watching the movie on the couch so I told him when the movie was over to wake me up and I would move. The next thing I remember was it was four thirty in the morning and I was still on the floor and my body was so sore from working and then sleeping on the floor. I looked around and Chris was sleeping on one end of the couch and his dad was sleeping on the hide-a-bed and so I crawled over to the couch with my pillow and blanket and I situated myself into the little corner that was there and then I fell asleep with my legs over Chris's and my head next to the hide-a-bed. I stayed asleep until eight thirty when I woke up because I was about to pee my pants and Chris was awake and he looked at me and then got up. When I came back he was laying on the hide-a-bed and he asked me if I wanted to go to church and I said, "I really want to go back to sleep. I'm so exhausted I can't even function." And he said, "Me too." And then we slept until noon! That was the latest I have slept in in a long long time. I don't know the last time I slept that long. After we decided to wake up and get ready for the day we drove back over to Chris's brothers old apartment because they had some stuff for us to take to the new apartment, but they weren't done cleaning it yet so we all pitched in and finished cleaning the old apartment, then went to the new apartment to unload everything, went and got some dinner, and then drove home. We didn't get back home until 10:30 at nighttime. We went and unloaded everything at Chris's house and then Chris took me home. It was a fun, busy weekend. The pictures are of me and Chris at the Monster Truck Rally, with the camera phone so they look awful and we were super tired and exhausted but we had fun anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment