Andie's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another Nursing Program Post..

So today I talked to one of my fellow nursing application student friends and I asked her if she knew when we were supposed to hear about being accepted into the program or not. Here is our conversation...
Her: I went and talked to Carollea (who is the scary nursing department secretary...she knows all!) and she said that she gave the list to be approved by the board members TEN days ago and she hasn't heard anything yet.
Me: TEN DAYS AGO!!!! I feel like I have been waiting forever to hear!
Her: Well, what are your points like? (points are one of the most important things to get into the nursing program. Points are the accumulation of all of our grades from our pre/co reqs that we have had to take. Point score is VERY VERY important!! Along with having everything else done too...)
Me: I have a point score of 23 points.
Her: You have nothing to worry about. You're going to get in.
Me: Ya, well I wish they would let us know so I could sign up for classes next semester. I'm only signed up for .5 of a credit! I don't even have to pay the college next semester if i don't get in!!!
Her: Well, hopefully we hear by the middle of next week.
Me: I really hope so!
That was the end of our conversation. So the deans are looking at the "approved" list of what Carollea (the scary secretary) decided and put together based on point scores and everything else. So keep your fingers crossed that I get in.
Oh and also, last night, I was sitting in my Pharmacology class and there is this cop that is in there that ALWAYS pulls me over (he is the only cop that has pulled me over. Luckily we are pretty good friends so he just lets me off with warnings cause I wasn't speeding that bad. Then we talk on the side of the road for a half an hour...different story for another time) and he said he went and talked to Carollea on Monday and she said the same thing. That once the board gets the names back to her than she can let everybody know if they got in or not. So basically the twiddling of thumbs continues for another week or so until I find out. I really hope i get in!

No comments:

Post a Comment